February 01, 2009

Ivoire retro

I am looking for some assistance with this one. It is a great lp from Cöte D'Ivoire, which I copied years ago. It may be a sign of old age, but I am d*mned if I know why I didn't copy the last track (and a half). Maybe I was going through a desperate period, or maybe the owner of the lp was in a rush; I can't remember.

So I am appealing to you.
I do know the missing track is by Les Soeurs Comoé and is from 1967.

Almost all the songs in this compilation are from the 1960s. Only the song by Justin Stanislas (with the catchy "Lelelelele Lelelelele"...) and the one by Ernesto Djedje are from the early 1970s. My personal favourites are the two tracks by Amedée Pierre (photo on the right - who will be the subject of a post in the near future) with his authentic interpretation of Congolese music styles, and the brilliant "Super Bébé" by Mamadou Doumbia, followed at short range by "Missi Milai" (I would really like to know the story behind this title!!) by Les Soeurs Comoé, the over-the-edge "Donnez-moi ton sourire" by the Orchestre de Bouaké and the two (or one and a half) tracks by Les Abidjanais.


And all this in a astonishingly squeaky clean 1960s recording quality!

Philips 6332.334

EDIT: The missing last track by Les Soeurs Comoé, plus the full penultimate track have been sent to me by Dolf Motz. So a big thank you to Dolf for sharing these!!
And here are these two tracks.

UPDATE (October 18, 2009): I have stumbled upon the two tracks, which I thought I hadn't copied! For those who have already downloaded the other tracks, you can download the two missing tracks of the original lp here (in the same pristine quality). I have also added these tracks to the full album. So the lp is complete!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great record, and as you say, the sound is excellent! Thanks for this.

dolf motz said...

The last track is called "Mio bio".
According to the sleeve notes it's a Biguine.
By the way, thanks for the great music!

WrldServ said...

@Dolf: Does this mean you have the album? And if so, would you be willing to share the last two tracks with us?

dolf motz said...

I do have the album and I am willing to share these tracks wih you. The only problem is that I have no experience with posting these type of music files.

WrldServ said...

@Dolf: Do you have them in a digital form? And if so, can you convert the two tracks to mp3?
In that case you can send them to my mail address (see my profile), and I will then add them to the post.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great album. I especially like therese boigny, best regards

WrldServ said...

@ryan: I can't blame you for liking her (see this photo or this more private one)......

Roxana27 said...

like always philips is... thanks a lot

zim said...

The Amadee Pierre songs are indeed killer. By the way the other two tracks from the single from which the last song on this compilation was drawn from have been posted here:

http://oslonerdarmy.no/2011/02/15/afro-latin-med-amedee-pierre/

David said...

Wow, you were certainly right about this one - lots of fabulous tracks, a wonderful LP in wonderful sound. Thank you!!