September 27, 2008

Interprétation Comparée

It's over 20 years ago that I made a series of programmes for Dutch VPRO radio based on this weekly show from the Radio Télévision Guinéenne in Guinea. As the title indicates, in this show versions are compared of a certain track. In this case of the song "Camara Mousso". The comparing is done by the suave voice of Jeannot Williams. And even if you don't understand a word of French you'll enjoy the sound of this man's commentary.
Classic radio from 1987.

Interprétation Comparée (new link April 12, 2015)

3 comments:

zim said...

is there an archive anywhere of your radio show?

Some time ago I was sent a recording of a dutch radio show (however the DJ spoke in English) of early and pre-Syliphone Guinean recordings, and struggled trying to figure out all the tracks and sources (including tracks from SLP 5, GUI 1 and some songs from Kante Manfila on Philips).

I wonder if I may have been listening to one of your broadcasts?

WrldServ said...

If it started with "O.U.A." by the Orch. de Beyla, it was the programme of June 25, 2007. I do have a copy of this.
Send me an email (see About me) and I will forward it to you.

jeanluc said...

Ou, that is very interesting. I listened always to that programm as I could. There was one called "de wilde wereld", "wereldontvanger" and later "mundial", I think and "backline tropical" with live tunes. They had very good reprtages. The tracks in the audio sampler I know, I took on cassette...
Very nice time